It was my birthday yesterday. It’s Christmas in a week. The children are on holiday. The bloodhound and/or the boychild keep waking me before 5. I am exhausted. I was too exhausted even to deal with rubbish on my own this morning. I recruited a special helper.
And so, without further ado, our rules for the silly season:
1. If it is shiny and garish, wear it.
2. If it stands still, decorate it with something shiny and garish. (Don’t bother counting your grey hairs; you’ll be earning more over the next month.)
3. If it’s not still, dance with it.
4. If it’s a Barbie undress it and cover it it in plasters; lose all the tiny shoes and cry about that often.
5. Cling to your sense of humour like it is the last good thing on Earth.
6. Keep twirling, even when you get dizzy.
Happy week to each and everyone.